Sunday 2 April 2017

Back to blogging

It has been really long time since I last wrote in my blog. Now I feel that I am getting my blogging mojo back. Partly due to reading interesting and thought provoking posts in a number of blogs that I follow. After reading them I feel a desire to echo back.
During my absence I have had several major changes in my lifestyle that required time to adjust to them. I went in retirement and my son got married. Both events were no surprise and long foreseen. Now I don't work and take care about my mother who is 86, and my son lives very far from me. My new lifestyle asks for a different wardrobe, more casual style, a wardrobe for a homemaker. This is very foreign for me so I need to learn a lot.
Last but not least addition to my life are two rescued cats.


That's enough about past and now about what I would like to aspire in my sewing/knitting projects.
I am into making a lot of recycling / upcycling. Make do and mend is my motto now. There are several reasons for it. Not only because I am naturally thrifty and hate waste but also for economical reasons, as well as for educational reason. If  I don't wear the garment (and I have a lot of these) means that I've made a wrong choice, either of style or pattern or material (fabric, yarn). Another option is that it doesn't fit my current lifestyle. I am determined to have all my garments wearable and to learn to "see" the best use for the fabric (yarn), to be able to identify the pattern that will be the best use  for the fabric. I have already an example of successful recycling that I am going to show in one of future posts. Another goal is to finally create a harmonious and well curated wardrobe where all pieces go well together.
I guess that now my blog will be focused not only on sewing and knitting but also at frugal living while after retirement the resources are scarce. Nevertheless my aim is to live in retirement with dignity, elegance and joy.
I bought a flower today  and the cats have already trimmed it :).


I think I have to sow some oats for them. Unfortunately they don't eat the grass that I buy for them in a pet shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment