Tuesday 24 May 2011

Sundress (Burda 2/2011-104)

Well, it may sound strange but there is another piece from February issue of Burda magazine...
It is a summer dress from the Italian pages again. It looks very similar to the previous one but it is summer and I hope that temperatures will climb and I need several dresses :).
The fabric is medium weight cotton with elastan.




This pattern is a petite size and this did create some problems. Based on my experience with the the previous summer dress (Burda 2/2011-101) I cut size 38 but I lengthened the shoulder pieces a little bit. But I forgot to rise the neck-line. Again, Burda patterns have very open neck-lines, I should keep it in mind in the future.
I made the waist-line a bit more relaxed, not that close fitting as in the first dress. I also omitted pockets in the side seams.
The sewing was not difficult but the dress turned out to have a low neck-line again. Well, it is a casual summer dress so not a big problem, and I consider knitting a light matching cotton cardi to wear with it.

But I am still not over and done with this February issue of Burda magazine. There is a couple more patterns that tempt me. They are not in the first lines of my To Sew list but I would love to make them sometime.

 
 


Oh, and no flower prints for a while ;)

3 comments:

  1. A very pretty dress and a perfect fit. I hope you get enough warm summer weather to enjoy wearing your dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maria, you are a wonderful seamstress! I am very impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand that you are in love with these two dresses, this and the previous post. I am also and they are favorites for summer, soooo versatile!
    Love, love this one too.

    ReplyDelete